Built on the proud heritage of the Kantronics KPC-3+, the very compact MT1200 and MT1200G Mobile Tracker allow users to transmit real-time vehicle tracking information for use in APRS networks or NMEA interface mapping software packages. Kantronics has developed the MT1200 units to meet the needs of today, with an eye toward emerging applications. Able to communicate in a variety of formats, including TCP/IP, and LSUB, the MT1200 units are seamless and transparent radio link substitutes.
The MT1200 and MT1200G may be utilized within an existing packet network, using the Mobile Tracker unit as a mobile, and a Kantronics legacy TNC at the base. The basic Kantronics MT1200 may be used with an external NMEA GPS receiver and the Kantronics MT1200G includes an embedded GPS with active magnetic mount antenna. Both MT1200 versions include 512K flash memory for extended GPS or temetry data logging or storage.
The MT1200 can be used in the field with a radio to form a mobile data terminal, or (with the internal GPS option or the addition of an external GPS receiver) a GPS mobile "tracker".
Kantronics Mobile Tracker units are ideal for a variety of roles. They are well made, engineered for dependability and low in cost. It's no wonder these Kantronics units are in use around the world.
MT-1200 and MT-1200G Functions and Applications
- Keyboard to keyboard" communications
- GPS position transmitting and tracking (with built-in GPS receiver on the MT1200G, or the MT1200 and external NMEA-0183 compatible GPS)
- Remote control devices
- Remote access of telemetry data
- Digipeater (suitable for remote locations)
- GPS beacon data logging
MT-1200 and MT-1200G Features
- APRS Beaconing of GPS-derived information
- Fixed or adaptive GPS beacon rate for optimal use of bandwidth
- MT1200: external GPS capable
- MT1200G: embedded GPS receiver
- PTT Activated data burst
- Remote Control and telemetry functions with two A/D inputs, three opto-isolated digital inputs, and two control line outputs
- 25, KISS, XKISS, LSUB, PING operating modes
- Field upgradeable as new firmware is released
- Low current requirements
- Use with base, mobile or hand-held radios
- Made in the USA -- Limited one year warranty to original purchaser